Every year, Fremont Federal Credit Union awards $1,000 scholarships to several high school graduating seniors!
Fremont Federal Credit Union is committed to improving the financial lives of its members. Our financial resources for young adults and the annual Scholarship Program were created to help members with early financial milestones, like going to college. Scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, community service and submission of an essay on a topic selected by the Credit Union.
The 2018 FFCU Scholarship Application will be available at any Fremont Federal Credit Union office, at area high schools and on our website beginning in January. Scholarships are awarded at our Annual Meeting in May.
Applicants and/or their parents/legal guardians must be members of the Fremont Federal Credit Union, in good standing, since January 1, 2017.
Students will be judged on the following:
- Grade Point Average (2.50 GPA is a minimum standard)
- School Involvement
- Community Involvement
- Essay Question
- Applications must be typed.
- Two letters of recommendation are required; one must come from school and one from an event/organization/employer (not school related) that the student is involved in.
- Attach a high school transcript.
- An interview may be conducted with the Scholarship Committee.
- Submit the completed application (Fremont Federal Credit Union and Northwest Chapter of Credit Unions) and all other required letters to:
Fremont Federal Credit Union
315 Croghan Street
Fremont, OH 43420
The decision of the Scholarship Committee will be final. Students of Employees and Board embers are excluded.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 2, 2018
Your local credit unions are offering to help with your post-secondary education.
There will be three scholarships awarded, one for $1,500.00, one for $1,000.00, and one for $500.00.
The Northwest Ohio CU Outreach Alliance Scholarship Application deadline is Friday, March 30, 2018.
Download the Northwest Ohio CU Outreach Alliance Scholarship Application here
Go to main navigation