2022 Fremont Federal Credit Union Application is available here
Every year, Fremont Federal Credit Union awards $1,000 scholarships to several high schools graduating seniors!
Fremont Federal Credit Union is committed to improving the financial lives of its members. Our financial resources for young adults and the annual Scholarship Program were created to help members with early financial milestones, like going to college. Scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, community service, and submission of an essay on a topic selected by the Credit Union.
The 2022 FFCU Scholarship Application will be available at any Fremont Federal Credit Union office, at area high schools, and on our website beginning in January. Scholarships are awarded at our Annual Meeting in May.
Applicants and/or their parents/legal guardians must be members of the Fremont Federal Credit Union, in good standing, since January 1, 2021.
Students will be judged on the following:
- Grade Point Average (2.50 GPA is a minimum standard)
- School Involvement
- Community Involvement
- Essay Question
- Applications must be typed.
- Two letters of recommendation are required; one must come from school and one from an event/organization/employer (not school related) that the student is involved in.
- Attach a high school transcript.
- An interview may be conducted with the Scholarship Committee.
- Submit the completed application and all other required letters to:
Fremont Federal Credit Union
315 Croghan Street
Fremont, OH 43420
The decision of the Scholarship Committee will be final. Students of Employees and Board embers are excluded.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 20, 2022
Ohio Credit Union Foundation Scholarship
The Ohio Credit Union Foundation is giving away three scholarships ($5,000, $2,500, & $1,000) to high school seniors or anyone looking to further their education who develop the best creative videos answering the question: “How can credit unions attract young members?”
In keeping with the spirit of the credit union philosophy of People Helping People, the Ohio Credit Union Foundation is offering three scholarships toward college tuition. The first-place winner will receive $5,000, second place $2,500, and third place a $1,000 scholarship. Students are encouraged to submit video applications now through April 29, 2022.
The three scholarships are available to student applicants who are:
- At least a high school senior;
- A member of an Ohio-based credit union; and
- Plan to pursue an undergraduate degree during the 2022-2023 school year.
- To apply for a video scholarship, students create a 1 to 2 1/2-minute video addressing this year's topic:
- "How can credit unions attract younger members?"
- Video entries can be creative, bold, edgy, funny, simple, serious – or anything in between. Entries will be judged on credit union knowledge, effectiveness in addressing the scholarship question, and originality.
- Promotional materials are available for download on our website. We ask that you please promote this scholarship opportunity in your lobbies, newsletters, website, and via your social media platforms.
- Video entries must be submitted online via the Foundation's website, www.OhioCreditUnionFoundation.org, by 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on April 29, 2022. The scholarship winners will be announced Wednesday, May 25, 2022
www.ohiocreditunionfoundation.org for eligibility and details.Go to main navigation