Fremont Federal Credit Union works with the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati to offer our qualifying members Welcome Home Fund grants.
Welcome Home funds may be used to fund reasonable down payments and closing costs for low and moderate-income homebuyers. Homebuyers may qualify
for and use amounts up to a maximum of $5,000 per home, based on documented need. However, honorably discharged veterans, active duty military, reservists,
and surviving spouses of service personnel may receive Welcome Home grants up to $7,500. Welcome Home funds typically become available in early spring and
are available on a first-come, first-served basis, but only to the extent funds are available through the Federal Home Loan Bank. Funds are typically depleted by
late spring. Our Mortgage Officers will be able to answer additional questions about qualifications and grant availability.
The program opens this year on March 2nd, 2020.
Welcome Home Program Funds are grants available only to banks & Credit Unions that are members of the FHLB and choose to
participate in the program. Fremont Federal Credit Union is, once again, pleased to provide this grant opportunity to qualified borrowers.
- Fremont Federal Credit Union will qualify the borrower in accordance with our standard lending guidelines and the 2020 Welcome Home Program guidelines.
- Banks and Credit Unions can begin submitting applications for fund reservations on March 2, 2020.
- Funds are available per household, on a “first come first serve” basis, as we’ve experienced in prior years, funds may only be available for a few weeks.
- Approved funds are in the form of a grant, which requires a five-year retention requirement from the borrower, as identified on the deed.
- Welcome Home has asked participating applicants to allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for review and approval of a fund reservation request.
- Loan closings cannot be scheduled prior to receiving approval of reserved funds from the FHLB
For more information on the Welcome Home Program contact Ron Grindle at 419-333- 2934 or 419-290-3215 or Doug Brisendine at 419-573-6310.
NMLS#767599 / #494252
Institution NMLS# 328544Go to main navigation